Come celebrate one of South Georgian Bay’s most recognized, entertaining bands that has helped transform the music scene in the region over the last 20 years.
It promises to be an incredibly fun evening for the 70 people that buy tickets quickly.
About Strange Potatoes
John Eaton, Derek McLean and John Miller have been playing around South Georgian Bay for 20 years! Energized by their friendship and the delight of smashing the traditional head on with the outrageous, these three seasoned “front-men” from other local bands, come together with acoustic instruments in hand for an experience that is truly unique. They embrace a wide variety of musical styles and origins and take the stage to wrap them all up in one big flannel blanket of fun.
A Three Part Celebration
- > Only 12 people get to enjoy this ‘unplugged’ VIP Dinner concert 5:30-6:30 pm while Strange Potatoes entertains, surrounded by the escarpment views from the upper deck of the Clubhouse at Duntroon Highlands. The lucky 12 then get to enjoy the rest of the evening from VIP seats on the fairway patio. Dinner is a choice of:
- a) Pan-fried Springhills Trout on a bed of basmati rice with fresh local vegetables, dessert is a local butter tart with Thornbury’s Pom Pom ice cream
- b) Grilled West Grey Premium Flank Steak with oven roast smashed potatoes & local vegetables, dessert is a local butter tart with Thornbury’s Pom Pom ice cream
- > The main concert tickets will only be available to 58 people. With table seating on the fairway patio, the audience will get an up close experience as the band performs in front and around them on the patio. It promises to be a concert filled with favourites and requests from 7:00-9:00 pm.
- > Nestled beside the 18th fairway, the patio’s lights will be complimented by selection of Collingwood Brewery’s finest beers as well as food available for ordering from the delicious Duntroon Highlands Cafe.
- > Special My Friend’s House fundraising add-ons include paid: band requests, Strange Potatoes french fries special as well as golf balls from Golf Ball Lady.
- > Stick around for the post party with the band! Get a chance to talk with them, get the scoop on behind-the-scenes stories and more!