Duntroon Highlands is hosting the regional qualifier the RBC Scramble, a national series of events taking place at more than 100 golf facilities around the country in 2020, culminating with Regional Finals and the RBC PGA National Final Scramble at Cabot Cape Breton.
The series of events draws thousands of amateur golfers in teams of four from across the country. Teams will look to make it through local and regional qualifiers with the ultimate goal of playing in the National Championship in October at Cabot Links and Cabot Cliffs! Not only do you get the opportunity of competing with three of your closest friends, but you will also play alongside a PGA of Canada Professional at the Regional and National Finals.
Additional information for the RBC PGA Scramble presented by The Lincoln Motor Company can be found here.
New updates for the upcoming season include:
NEW WORLD HANDICAP SYSTEM
- Enhanced score-vetting system to provide a more accurate representation of scoring ability
- Built-in limits on how much an index can increase in short periods of time
- New procedure to determine playing handicaps and adjustments for calculating new scores
MORE WAYS TO QUALIFY
- FULL Regional Final fields– each regional final will have 18 teams. If there are less than 18 teams that qualify through local qualifiers, an alternate list will be used based on score differentials from each local qualifier within that region
- Guaranteed spot for an ALL-FEMALE team in each Regional Final (for those that competed in a local qualifier). If an all-female team does not qualify through their local qualifier, the qualifying spot will go to the team with the lowest differential from all local qualifiers in that region
- To see the list of Regional Final venues confirmed for 2020, CLICK HERE.
NEW SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- All events will follow a tee-time format to avoid group gatherings
- Online registration and scoring will be used to minimize touchpoints
- Players are asked to maintain physical distancing of 6+ feet at all times, refrain from touching or sharing equipment and follow the protocols set forth by their respective provincial government and host facility. Safety is a shared responsibility.
- See Responsible Golf Guidelines
- Titleist & FootJoy joined as new partners this year and will be enhancing the prizing experience for participants throughout the competition
- GOLFTV has returned as a supporting partner of the program and will once again be offering participants complimentary access to world-class live and on-demand golf content with registration.
NEW YARDAGE POLICY FOR FEMALE PLAYERS
- Females yardages will now be set to 86-88% of the yardage used for male players (previously 90%)
NEW CHARITABLE PARTNER
In support of Canadian healthcare workers fighting COVID-19, we have added a charitable donation option to The Frontline Fund within the registration form. 100% of the money raised will go toward this charity.