HIGHLANDER CUP 2021
This is one of the most popular events at Duntroon Highlands. On this Sunday Members and Guests of Members will fight it out for bragging rights to the title. Returning players will once again play for the team they were on last year and new players will be assigned a team that will become their team for years to come.
*Guests of Members must have a Golf Handicap is order to participate
FORMAT: Ryder Cup with a Twist
- Team Dalton vs. Team Jean
- Two players from each team will be paired up within a foursome to take on two players from the other team in a series of three 6-hole matches.
- Matches are 6 holes only and end in either a win or a tie.
- They do not extend past the allotted 6 holes.
- Each match is worth 1 point. Halved matches are worth ½ point for each team.
- The winning team will have earned at least half the points available plus ½ point or more.
- In the event of a tie Team Jean will retain the Cup.
- Strokes will be allotted to players or teams according to formulas for each format.
Holes 1-6 Better Ball.
- Each player plays his or her ball and the best Net score for each hole from each team
determines which team wins the hole.
Holes 7-12 Modified Alternate shot.
- Both members and guests of members of each team tee off on each hole and play alternates from the selected drive
until the ball is holed. Please note that a penalty stroke does not count as a shot taken by the
Holes 13-18 Two person Scramble.
- All players tee off and each team chooses the best shot of two and each plays a second shot
from that position. Continue until the ball is holed and record one net score for the team.
Sign up for the Highlander Cup by calling the Pro Shop 705-445-3554
- Teams may concede a hole at any time during the play of that hole. Putts that are conceded
are good even if the player chooses to putt it as practice and misses. Players may practice
putting on the green once the hole has been completed provided they do not hold up play.