Duntroon Highlands is committed to playing its part in flattening the curve of the Covid-19 pandemic. With adapted measures focusing on safety, sanitary conditions and physical distancing, we welcome players to our golf course when we officially open.
In order to maintain the safety of our guests and staff, we have instituted new and extensive protocols. It is essential that everyone follow our new procedures if we are to offer you golf this season. Please know that if you cannot or will not adhere to these protocols you will be asked to leave the course, immediately.
- Tee time must be pre-booked and pre-paid. NO walk-ins
- You may show up 15 minutes in advance of your tee time (no earlier)
- Increased spacing between tee times to enhance physical distancing
- Physical distancing of 2m mandatory at all times
- Contactless check-in for members and guests
- All transactions will be paid in advance either online or by phone
- Light snacks and drinks available delivered to your cart or curbside
- The Clubhouse is closed and off-limits
- New hand-sanitizing stations will be placed throughout for your sanitary practices
- Washrooms will be cleaned hourly on the course
- Single rider golf carts (unless same household) will be disinfected after each use
- Pull cart rentals to be disinfected after each use
- No rakes in the bunkers
- No ball washers
- Do not touch flag stick; putt with flag in
- No sharing of equipment
- No sharing of food, beverage or inhalation products
- No garbage left on the course; take all garbage home
- Immediate departure of the facility upon completion of golf
We guarantee that:
- All highly-contacted surfaces are regularly sanitized including all service-related surfaces, check-in terminals, power carts, pull-carts, the flagsticks and bathrooms
- Our employees regularly wash and sanitize their hands
- Our employees will stay home if sick
- Our employees wear latex gloves when handling hole cups, flags
- All machinery will be sanitized daily to ensure public and staff safety
- Stay home if you are sick!
- Wash your hands with water and soap before and after the round
- Use proper coughing/sneezing etiquette by using your inner elbow
- Practice social distancing with a minimum of 2m (or 5 steps) between you and others while on the property
- Do not share any equipment including scorecards, tees, clubs, balls, ball markers, etc.
- Do not share any food, drinks or inhalation devices
- Refrain from picking up random golf balls you find
- Leave the pins in the hole
- While we’re all in favor of sportsmanship, please refrain from a hand-shake at the end of a round!
* PROTOCOLS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME! *
THE GOOD NEWS:
Golf presents the perfect activity for these times. With a huge property, players can easily maintain the required physical distancing measures of remaining 2m apart from peers while enjoying fresh air, outdoor exercise and the resulting positive mental benefits.